“Longest-lasting turbocharged AWD vehicle in its segment”*
— IHS Automotive
“All my life, I’ve dreamed of owning a ‘real’ sports car. A buddy of mine
owns a 2006 WRX and tells us all the time how he loves it. After the
snowy winter of 2014, my fiance and I decided to give Subaru a try.
Never have I thought I would be driving an STI at the age of 25,
but thanks to my fiance and my awesome career, I now do!”
– Umesh R., Queens, NY
“The WRX STI is a 2015 AUTOMOBILE Magazine All-Star”
— Automobilemag.com, November 2014
Traditional Compact segment for CY2004–2013 and YTD September 2014.
2016 WRX STI
Built to thrill, the WRX STI delivers an addictive driving
euphoria and lures you with a rare dose of unfiltered driving
excitement. Despite its track-day looks and competitive soul,
the WRX STI has versatility with room to spare. There’s an
impressive list of features, including Subaru Symmetrical
AWD with Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD), a
305-horsepower turbocharged SUBARU BOXER® engine and
Brembo® brakes. But the whole is far more than the sum of its
parts—this is the best-handling, best-performing WRX STI ever.
We do not recommend racing your vehicle. Racing may void the vehicle warranty.
See Warranty Maintenance Booklet for details. If you do race the vehicle, do it safely and lawfully
on approved racing tracks. Drive responsibly at all times and obey all traffic laws.
- 305-hp turbocharged 4-cylinder SUBARU BOXER® engine
- Driver Controlled Center Differential All-Wheel Drive (DCCD)
- SI-DRIVE performance management system
- Active Torque Vectoring
- 13:1 steering ratio
- High-performance STI sport-tuned suspension
- Brembo® performance brake system
- 18-inch BBS® aluminum-alloy wheels1
- LED headlights
- Premium audio system with 9 Harman Kardon® speakers and a
- 6.2- or 7.0-inch touchscreen SUBARU STARLINK™ Multimedia system
featuring Pandora®, iHeart® Radio, Stitcher™ and Aha™ smartphone
app integration2, HD Radio® with iTunes® tagging capability, USB port/iPod® control, Bluetooth® hands-free phone and audio streaming connectivity, and SMS text messaging capability1
- 4.3-inch color multifunction display
- Leather-trimmed upholstery and tilt/sliding moonroof1
- Availability varies by trim level. See your retailer.
- Compatible smartphone and applications required. For applications to operate, latest version of each application is required. Data provided by smartphone is displayed on the audio system screen. Some state laws prohibit the operation of handheld electronic devices while operating a vehicle. Smartphone apps should only be launched when vehicle is safely parked. Your wireless carrier’s rates may apply.