“If you’re seeking out a compact SUV, it’s hard to beat what the Forester is peddling.”
— AutoTrader.com, 2015 Forester Review
“My girlfriend Hannah and I took our new 2015 Forester on a road trip spanning a month and
a half. We camped at 17 different Nation Parks hiking and exploring the land. We car camped
from our Subaru which provide a reliable comfortable ride and place to keep our supplies.
We drove through snowy mountains and desert heat reaching 114 degrees Fahrenheit at times.
We love our Subaru!”
– Nathanael A., Burlington, VT
According to ALG, the 2016 Forester maintains its value longer
than any other vehicle in the Compact Utility segment.*
The Forester is all about potential. To do what you enjoy with
those closest to you and to be there for those that need you. It’s
efficient, achieving 32 highway MPG1; versatile, with standard
Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive; and durable, having been
named the longest-lasting compact crossover in America2. Plus
as an IIHS Top Safety Pick for ten years running (2007–2016),
the Forester is safe, too. There’s also the all-new STARLINK™
Safety and Security connected services that can promptly send
first responders when an airbag goes off, help police locate your
vehicle if it’s stolen, and more3,4. STARLINK™ in-vehicle technology
is there as well with instant access to music, maps, news and text
messages through the touchscreen or voice commands3.
- 170-hp or turbocharged 250-hp 4-cylinder SUBARU BOXER® engine
- Lineartronic® CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) with manual-mode
- 32 highway MPG1 and Partial Zero Emission Vehicle (PZEV)5
- Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (AWD) featuring available X-MODE®3
with Hill Descent Control3
- Power rear gate with automatic close and height memory3
- Rear-Vision Camera
- Multifunction center console
- Reclining rear seats3
- Rear seat armrest with dual cup holders3
- 6.2- or 7.0-inch touchscreen SUBARU STARLINK™ Multimedia system
featuring Pandora®, iHeart® Radio, Stitcher™ and Aha™ smartphone app
- Dual-zone automatic climate control3
- STARLINK™ Safety Plus enabled3,4: Automatic Collision Notification, SOS
Emergency Assistance, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Maintenance
Notifications, Monthly Vehicle Health Report, Diagnostic Alerts
- EPA estimated fuel economy for 2016 Forester 2.5i CVT at 32 highway MPG. Actual mileage may vary.
- Based on IHS Automotive, Polk U.S. Vehicles in Operation vs. New Vehicle Registrations in the Non‐Luxury Compact CUV segment for MY2004–2014 as of September 2014.
- Availability varies by trim level. See your retailer.
- Activation and required subscription sold separately. Includes one year trial subscription. See retailer for details.
- 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5L models achieving a Partial Zero Emission Vehicle (PZEV) rating by the California Air Resources Board are available in all 50 states. Only those registered in California, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont will be eligible for the 15 years/150,000 mile emission warranty. Delaware, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Washington vehicles are not covered under PZEV emissions control warranty. See your warranty maintenance booklet for additional information.
- Compatible smartphone and applications required. For applications to operate, latest version of each application is required. Data provided by smartphone is displayed on the audio system screen. Some state laws prohibit the operation of handheld electronic devices while operating a vehicle. Smartphone apps should only be launched when vehicle is safely parked. Your wireless carrier’s rates may apply.