2013 Subaru Forester Dynamic Digital Brochure
You no longer have to request or download the 2013 Subaru Forester brochure. Our digital brochure lets you explore the versatility, design and advanced features that are unique to the 2013 Forester.
Fits right. Feels right. Just right for all your right-nows.
– The 2013 Subaru Forester. There's power in finding the perfect balance. And the Forester offers the combination of appealing design, refined handling and astounding versatility that'll empower you for all the adventures you encounter each and every day.
Forester Exterior Colors.
Interior Colors and Trims
Performance: Full time. Full effect.
– Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive. With places to go, things to do and people to see, you need to be ready for whatever comes your way. That's why the new Forester comes with Subaru's signature Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system. It's balanced side-to-side for stability. And it's designed to efficiently route power directly to each wheel all the time to maximize your grip of the road.
All-weather Conditions. Whether it's snow, rain or just some gravel on the road – slick conditions can surprise even the best planners. But Subaru AWD keeps more power routed to all four wheels versus some other systems that only react to slippage that has already occurred. So you're always ready with exceptional traction and control.
Spirited Handling. With outstanding grip and an exceptionally balanced layout—thanks to its one-of-a-kind, almost perfectly symmetrical design—Subaru AWD helps maximize the connection, and improve the response that your Forester has to the road.
Accident Avoidance. When danger steps into your path, the safest route is to step right around it. The trademark traction, stability and control of Subaru AWD helps you stay safe by making your Forester ready to react.
All-road Conditions. By continually grabbing for every bit of traction possible, and sending power to the wheels with best traction when slippage occurs, Subaru AWD helps give you the freedom to tackle rough or loose road surfaces with confidence.
Performance: Discover the power of balance.
– Subaru Boxer Engine. Balance is control. It's poise and capability. It's power in perfect proportion. Subaru puts performance in balance with an engine unlike any offered by our competitors. The SUBARU BOXER® Engine features a low profile, symmetrical design that puts the weight of the engine lower and in line with the vehicle for better response and control.
Horizontally Opposed Design. The pistons move in 180-degree opposition to each other on a horizontal plane, so each naturally cancels out the vibration of the piston opposite it. Smoother Operation. Step on the accelerator and the revs come on smooth. While there's plenty of power when you need it, it helps enhance your comfort and control.
Durable Construction. The engine's flat design is inherently rigid, and reduces the amount of vibration that “V” or inline engines-with more upright pistons-are subjected to during operation. Increased durability. An engine subjected to less vibration lasts longer. It's no wonder 96% of Subaru vehicles built in the last 10 years are still on the road today.
Low Center of Gravity. The flatter profile and perfectly symmetrical design of the engine block, and the fact that it sits lower in the chassis, make the overall vehicle more balanced and nimble versus other designs. Greater Agility. The vehicle responds more quickly to changes in direction, which gives a feeling of tightness in turns. And it's more likely to feel stable during maneuvers, giving you an increased feeling of being in control at all times.
Cargo Capabilities: If you need to take it, it'll take it on.
– You've got a lot on your plate from day to day, that's why the Forester is designed to make loading, unloading and everything in between.
Handy Roof Rails. Standard on most Forester models, these sturdy roof rails make hauling big bulky items a snap. And with a variety of accessory attachments, including the aerodynamic cross bars, you'll discover new possibilities because of what you're able to bring along.
Spacious Cargo Area. With generous space—up to 63 cubic feet—the Forester is ready to take on just about any activity your daily adventures call for. What's more, thanks to a compact rear suspension and large rear opening, the cargo area is wide, flat and oh so easy to load.
60/40 Split-folding Rear Seatback. Take larger objects, even while you're carrying passengers. This feature allows you to easily and conveniently fold down either side of the seatback, so you can expand the cargo area to match your changing needs.
Versatility: Thought out and full of useful
You love your stuff best when it's completely, neatly under control. The Forester is loaded with innovative and versatile features designed to help streamline daily tasks and simplify your life. Discover what a big difference the little things can make.
Multifunction Center Console. This adaptable center console is ready to find a way to fit whatever you need to keep close at hand. It's the perfect place for a purse, a couple of extra cups, an iPod®, a phone, or whatever. It's a place for a purse, a couple of extra cups, an iPod®, a phone, or whatever. This adaptable center console is ready to find a way to fit whatever you need to keep close at hand.
Retractable Rear Tray. Even with the rear center armrest down, this feature folds out to reveal a convenient tray and cup holders for the rear passengers. It folds away neatly when you need to make more room.
8 Cup Holders. With so many conveniently placed cup holders, none of your passengers will lack a place to stash a drink or two.
One-touch Folding Rear Seats. Available on the Touring trim levels, this feature folds down a portion of the rear seatback automatically with the simple push of a button—making it that much easier and convenient to load the Forester with large items.
Underfloor Cargo-area Storage. Beneath the cargo area, you'll find a compartmentalized tray perfect for small items prone to sliding around. And they're kept safely covered up, away from prying eyes.
Cargo Hooks. The cargo area has conveniently designed hooks up high—great for hanging dry cleaning—and grocery bag holders down low, which keep items from spilling out during driving.
Interior Features: In charge. At ease.
– Put audio, cruise control and even phone controls right at your fingertips with the available steering-wheel-mounted controls. For even more convenience, you can connect to a Bluetooth®-enabled phone, and you'll be able to handle calls through the in-dash touchscreen, or using voice commands. Sharp and clear, the available electroluminescent gauges are designed to not only look sporty and sophisticated, but they give information more quickly. Generous headroom and legroom in the front and back mean all your passengers—even taller ones—can enjoy every ride. And features like reclining rear seats and a height adjustable front-passenger seat make everyone that much more comfortable. The available 7-speaker audio system features HD Radio™ with iTunes™ tagging, Bluetooth® streaming audio, and a USB iPod® control. And with its 4.3"" LCD display and dynamic sound, you'll always find joy in having the perfect accompaniment for every journey. The driver and passenger can set separate custom temperatures with available dual-zone automatic temperature controls, and the system automatically adjusts the heating and air conditioning to maintain them. Now with sharper graphics the touch-screen navigation system available on Touring and Limited models gives you turn-by-turn directions and offers SMS text messaging capability, XM® Satellite Radio and XM Traffic1. Also available is the TomTom® Navigation System with removable nav unit.
Sunroof: Let your world get a little wider.
The available panoramic moonroof opens wide enough to allow everyone—even those in back—to feel warm sunlight, enjoy cool breezes, or even gaze at the stars.
Safety: Circumstances don't define a Subaru, they reveal it.
Subaru Active and Passive Safety. It's under the most challenging circumstances that you find the true value of what you drive. With advanced accident avoidance and exceptional passenger protection, the Forester is engineered to be at its best in a worst-case scenario. It'll give you the confidence of knowing that—in a changing world—safety is at its core.
All-around Protection. Our Ring-shaped Reinforcement Frame is exceptionally strong for maximum resistance to impact energy, while its unique configuration helps divert that energy away from occupants. Also, front, front-seat side and side-curtain airbags2—standard on every Forester—surround outboard occupants in the event of a crash to further help prevent injury.
Increased Awareness. Before you can avoid danger, you have to see it coming. The Forester features an available Rear-Vision Camera that gives you a clearer view of the area behind your vehicle, so you can be in charge of your surroundings.
Stopping Power. Powerful and reliable disc brakes are teamed with advanced technologies to help you stop short of danger. Antilock brakes help make sure you don't lose traction, and the advanced Brake Assist system helps ensure maximum pressure is applied to the brakes as quickly as possible in an emergency situation.
Exceptional Control. Safety begins with avoidance. The traction and balance of Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and the stability of the SUBARU BOXER® engine provide you with the outstanding control you need to react to hazards. Every Forester also comes standard with VDC electronic stability control, which can detect a loss of control and intervene to help keep you on your intended path.
Love with no limits.
– Our connection to our owners and the life they live is forever unfolding at Subaru. Select any of the tabs below to see how.
Partners That Care. Subaru has spent decades building relationships with dozens of organizations that believe in building a cleaner, greener, and more hopeful world as much as we do. Through our year-end Share the Love sales events we've raised nearly 15 million dollars over the last 3 years to distribute amongst charities such as ASPCA, Habitat for Humanity, National Wildlife Federation, Meals on Wheels and Boys & Girls Clubs of America. We look forward to seeing even more love from our generous customers in 2011.
Cars That Last. Life is too important to slow down with a car you can't rely on. That's why we build each of our vehicles with the highest standards of manufacturing, with designs that are inherently tough and with engineering that emphasizes quality and consistency. This commitment is why 96% of all the vehicles we've built in the last 10 years are still on the road today.1 It's also why Subaru vehicles keep their value so well. In fact, Subaru was named the number one automotive brand for residual value by ALG for 2010.
Owner Benefits. Every Subaru comes with 24-hour roadside assistance for 3 years or 36,000 miles. And that's just the beginning of our commitment to our owners. Subaru Added Security® means extended service agreements and maintenance plans that will help protect your car for up to 7 years or 100,000 miles. It offers the only mechanical and maintenance plans backed by Subaru of America, Inc., and because we've been backing them for more than 25 years, they're agreements you can trust. Your dealer has full coverage details. Subaru Equity Shield™ GAP can help pay all or most of a possible difference between what your insurance company covers for your Subaru that was totaled, or stolen and not recovered, and what you still owe in payments. It will even cover your deductible for up to $1,000.
Subaru Life. Get out there. Get going. Get to where your life is lived. Whether you're taking a new turn or simply taking a break, we build every Subaru to help you take it all in. With Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, Subaru owners have the stability and control to drive with confidence where and when they want. Smart features help them do more of what they live for, and award-winning safety means they can do it with assurance. That's the joy of having a car that you don't just love to drive, but one built for life. And we think that's why owners always tell us, “I love my Subaru.” Badge of Ownership - One way Subaru owners express their love is with a unique badge that reflects their interests and passions.
Community Involvement. When getting out there is easier, so is getting involved.
Environment. We try not to waste a thing. Even waste.
– In 2004, Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc. (SIA) became the first manufacturing facility in the U.S. to reach zero landfill status and be designated a wildlife habitat. And every Subaru plant continues to use green suppliers, reduce manufacturing wastes and cut CO2 emissions.
Wildlife Habitat. In 2003, Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc. became the first automotive assembly plant to be designated as a Backyard Wildlife Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. SIA's 800+ acres serves as a home for a wide variety of animals, including: whitetail deer, rabbits, Canadian geese, mallard ducks, squirrels, beavers, coyote, snapping turtles, frogs, red-tail hawks, blue heron, and the bald eagle.
Partial Zero Emission Vehicle (PZEV) Status. Because clear skies are just as important as clean landscapes, the Forester is one of the few SUVs to achieve Partial Zero Emission Vehicle—PZEV1—status. It achieves such cleanliness and efficiency without the negative environmental impact required to manufacture many vehicles with battery-based drive systems, and without compromising performance and versatility.
Green Partners. We've spent decades building relationships with those who believe in building a cleaner and greener world as much as we do. That's why we support organizations such as Leave No Trace, which promotes responsible recreation.