The Subaru of America Foundation funding priorities have changed effective January 1, 2017. As we move to develop new opportunities, we have included a grace period to continue to consider applications under our previous focus of education and environmental stewardship programs for youth. Please read the guidelines carefully and contact the Foundation with any questions.
Due to the high volume of proposals received, we cannot consider any exceptions to the posted guidelines.
New Funding Focus as of January 1, 2017:
Subaru of America Foundation, Inc. seeks partnerships with organizations committed to helping un- and low-employed young people become self-sufficient through job training, mentoring, and work experience leading to obtaining and retaining employment.
We will consider partnerships with established organizations with proven records of success in training and gainful employment strategies that achieve the following:
· Work with underserved communities and youth ages 16-26
· Help develop the soft and hard skills necessary to (re)connect to employment pathways
· Provide STEAM-based training leading to employment opportunities
· Provide a support network for mentoring, coaching and counseling as it relates to building employment skills and eliminating barriers to success
· Assist in obtaining industry-appropriate certifications that may aid in getting employment
· Create and nurture partnerships for internships and job placement
· Track employment of participants for at least one year past graduation
Grace Period for Educational and Environmental Programs:
For the first funding cycle of 2017, with an application date of March 10, 2017, we will still consider applications under our previous funding focus, as stated below. This grace period may or may not be extended to the end of 2017 so please check back. Please note that we can only accept one proposal from an organization within a 12 month period so this grace period may impact recent grantees.
We will consider partnerships that support the following:
· Benefit youth through grade 12 AND AT LEAST ONE OF THE PROGRAM AREAS BELOW.
· Programs that enhance the academic learning experience of youth including but not limited to STEAM and diversity initiatives.
· Programs that encourage environmental stewardship
Our geographic focus continues to be in the communities we call home. Due to the volume of applications, we cannot consider requests outside of the stated locations:
- Corporate Headquarters: Camden, NJ; Cherry Hill, NJ; Pennsauken, NJ; Southern NJ but mainly Camden and Burlington Counties, NJ
- Eastern Region: Florence, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA; Washington, DC; Montgomery, Prince George’s, Frederick, Howard Counties in MD; Fairfax, Loudon, and Prince William Counties in VA
- Central Region: Itasca, IL; Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX
- Western Region: Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; San Diego, CA; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA